WEB DESIGN for BEGINNERS
Welcome to the wonderful world of web design! The aim of this class is to get started designing web pages easily and quickly using Drupal.
Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It’s built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world.
Use Drupal to build everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications. Thousands of add-on modules and designs let you build any site you can imagine. (http://drupal.org/)
Framing the Design Challenge
While the discovery phase sets up the client’s objectives and perceptions of their audience, the user experience (UX) phase focuses on gaining a deeper understanding of the site’s intended users, and works on framing the design challenge you’re facing for the client and the development team.
The tangible deliverables of this phase may vary from team to team, but they often include things like:
● User personas or scenarios
● An outline, or matrix of functional requirements
● Sketches of screen designs or user flows
● Paper or digital prototypes
● Content strategy documents, including a breakdown of site content, content types and categories. This may also include a breakdown of the site’s user roles (editor, member, etc.) and what content they have permission to access, edit, etc.
BONUS: How to Install Drupal with a base theme